Friday 27 May 2011

Me new labels



I revisited project 'me'. I didn't feel as though the labels on the water bottles done and justice for their purpose.
I bit the bullet and bought the bottles I originally envisaged using. I didn't realise when I bought them, that the glass was dark, so I was a little disappointed. I decided to go ahead and use them still, and to be honest, I actually think the darkness works in my favour. They look a lot more medicinal, and though they're there for a purpose, which they are. They definitely work a lot better than the boring water bottles.



I felt as though the original labels were not only boring, but very unoriginal. I didn't put much thought into them. I know I wanted to keep the label quite minimal and to the point, so I think my problem was that I had too much of a label and it just kind of dragged and looked boring.
The new labels are minimal and too the point. It clearly explains what the remedy is for. The tags around the necks of the bottles communicate the ingredients that can be found in each bottle, in more detail. I thought it's something nice to have. The customer will feel like they're getting something a little extra, as well as the remedy, so this small addition could potentially create a few more sales!

Something else that might be worth mentioning, is the colour of the labels on the front of the bottles. I was leaning more towards the full coloured ones, as displayed in a previous post. After testing them out with the neck tags, it all looked too busy and colourful. I felt inverting the colours would be best, and definitely works a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment