Tuesday 29 March 2011

I found this very unique; postcard menus. It's a nice idea, but the amount of information that could be displayed would be restricted, so I don't think this would work for me. Nice idea though.








I really like the illustrations used here. They're very simple and clear. This is a possible pathway for me when designing the menu for roast.










The type here is horrible. I certainly wont be using a funky typeface on the roast menu. I find this menu very child-like.

















I've included this mainly to just provide me with some ideas as to what beverages to use...

Whilst it's up here though, I may as well comment on it.
I'm no longer a fan of whacking a logo in the centre of the background, with an opacity of 25-50%. It looks very tacky, and with this especially.. just generally doesn't look right. I will use the logo more effectively when designing the menu for roast.










I've seen a fair few menus that include photography to illustrate the various coffees available. Though I think this is a nice idea, I think it's over-used, so I'm going to try to come up with something different but still successfully represents the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment