Friday 18 March 2011

Stanley Kubrick: 2001: A Space Odyssey existing posters

Though the imagery may be appropriate, I can't say I like this too much. I think it looks weird (though perhaps it was meant to look weird to which then reflects the film!!)
















I find the use of colour interesting here. It's very bold and brave to use what seems like just one colour. It's a nice idea though.

















I love the simplicity of this poster. An important part of the film is HAL (the red circle), so I think it's super appropriate to somehow use him in the design.
The typography works really well with the design too. This is something I need to take into consideration when designing my posters.














A type driven poster is a nice idea, and I think this works fairly well. The typeface reflects the feeling of the film nicely, and it looks very spacey.















This is great! The simplicity here is fantastic. The composition is also really nice and clean, which appeals to me a lot.
The idea of using such a simple shape to represent something so complex is brilliant. I like the idea of the monolith; I may have to steal that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment