Wednesday 23 March 2011

Stanley Kubrick postcards

A few layout variations, to see where things work best.
I've tried to keep it similar (if not the same) as how things are laid out on the posters. I want everything work as a set.

I want to include the cast, just as the poster display, though the names will appear on the reverse of the postcard.
As you can see, I'm trying to find out where it would be appropriate for them to be displayed. After playing around with it for a bit, I started to really like them appearing in center of the format whilst also aligning centrally with the horizontal lines on the right. It didn't click that that space should be left blank for the customer to write in (unless of course it was bought for collection purposes, which in that case would be fine.
I'm still not entirely sure where to place the cast names, though it would tie in with the poster more if they appeared at the top. I'm also not sure whether to include all the information that currently appear on the front. It's probably too much, but like I've mentioned above, I want it to look very uniform. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment