Tuesday 22 March 2011

Postcards

I'm going to apply the artwork designed for the set of Stanley Kubrick posters to various forms of promotional material; postcards is one of them. A lot of cinemas provide a stand full of postcards, so I thought it was appropriate to create them.

I like the use of black and white here. I think it works really well because of the artwork.
These are focused purely on the imagery, with the exclusion of type. This is a possible pathway for me.















These are also really nice. The title of the film has been used on all of them, and is displayed in the bottom left hand corner. The use of a border is a good way to separate the image from the type. I'm not sure this would work for what my postcards, but it's worth keeping in mind. It certainly works for these though.












These are similar to the 007 postcards, though the title can be found at the top instead of the bottom left corner.











These are very simple, but also really nice. Apart from the first one, they all clearly display imagery. They look hand-drawn, so I think the illustrations are all that's needed. Any more information, then it would probably begin to look very busy. This is something to keep in mind- the busyness of the postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment