Friday 14 January 2011

Action Plan

Today's session focused on what needs to be done and how we can go about getting it done.

Design strategy:
  • Get it touch with past placements
  • Get in touch with retouching/branding company - arrange visit
  • I work freelance at Packshot since finishing two week placement
  • Speak to Elmwood - emailed them a lot already
  • Update PDF with recent work produced
  • Send PDF to past placements and get feedback
  • Organise visits to more companies/studios
  • Enter more live competitions
Design presence:
  • Ongoing blog
  • My logo - revisit business cards
  • Print large batch of business cards
  • In need of a website - working on it
  • Currently putting together portfolio
  • Upload work to Behance and other websites

We broke up into groups of 4/5. I'm with Adam, Andy, Chris, and Paul. They are my supporters, and I am theirs.
We came up with some solutions which would allow us to manage our time and money better...
  • Split business card costs (find some online deals!)
  • Share photographic equipment
  • Have mini crits to discuss problems we may have
  • Start a Facebook group so we can easily get in touch with eachother
  • Combine print slots which would save a lot of time if everyone were to go down there
  • Comment on eachothers blogs
I'm happy with my group. They're all very laid back but very focused so I know there'll be a kick up the bum if someone starts getting a bit lazy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment