Sunday 16 January 2011

nom

I've been putting together my ideas for the packaging. I've had a picture in my head as to how I want it to look. I'm slowly getting there, but it doesn't quite look how I imagined.

I still really like the concept of having a hand-drawn
background with a nicely designed vector logo overtop. I also like the idea of using a piece of the logo to create a window. I think it works well. It's just not looking as nice as I hoped. It's still earlyish days yet anyway, so I've enough time to have a bit of a play around. I still want this brief to have a quick turn around, so I'm not going to spend an awful lot more time on it though I want to make it look as good as possible!

I think the window could do with being a little larger. At the moment it doesn't feel in proportion. I'm not sure if this will make the logo look too small. It's just a case of experimenting.

I kind of feel as though the red (strawberry) is too strong compared to the other colours. It's the boldest colour I've been working with. I will try to calm it down a little, but I want the strawberry and cherry to still be distinguishable. Again, I'll have a play.

As for the mint flavour..... it's starting to feel like it's packaging for mouthwash or something! I'm going to have to change the 'mouthwatering' to something that doesn't include the word 'mouth'. I'll alter the colour also, as it also hints towards something along the lines of oral hygiene. Perhaps it's just the fact that's it's mint? I'll give it some more thought and change a few bits to see if it works better. If not, I'll have to re-think the flavour!

No comments:

Post a Comment